Robert Dumont PLLC is a boutique law firm specializing in tax and estate planning for international private clients.
Tax and Estate Planning for International Private Clients
- Cross-border tax and estate planning
- Pre-US-immigration tax planning
- Expatriation taxation
- Planning for US investments made by non-US persons
- Planning for foreign investments made by US persons
- Planning for the acquisition and ownership of US residential real estate by non-US persons
- Foreign trust taxation and planning
After having practiced for over 30 years with large organizations—first as a partner in Baker & McKenzie and then as the leader of Deloitte Tax LLP’s international private client practice—Robert has launched his own specialist law firm called, cleverly, Robert Dumont PLLC, and promptly appointed himself as head of the practice. Robert advises on a broad range of tax and estate planning issues relating to the cross-border activities of private clients and international family offices. As a small independent firm, Robert enjoys the freedom from client conflicts that can restrict larger organizations and the freedom to act in a fiduciary capacity where appropriate.
- The Bar of the State of New York
- The Bar of the United Kingdom and Wales (non-practicing solicitor)
- The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Recent appearances and articles
- Co-Chair, Practicing Law Institute (PLI) annual conference on International Estate & Tax Planning, New York City, since 2009
- International Planning for High Net Worth Families (Tax Notes International, March 2010)
- Trusts and the Foreign Corporate Anti-Deferral Rules (CFCs and PFICs) (PLI, April 2010)
- International Charitable Giving, Chapter 4: The Role of Tax Treaties (Oxford University Press, November 2012)
- Planning for the Acquisition, Use, and Disposition of US Residential Property by Foreign Clients (PLI, April 2013 with Dean Berry)
- The Taxation of Nonresident Aliens and Pre-Immigration Planning from a US Perspective (International Estate Planning Institute, NYSBA and STEP, March 2015)
Jennifer joined Robert Dumont PLLC in 2015 with over 10 years of experience at Deloitte Tax LLP. Jennifer specializes in tax planning and compliance for international private clients including estate, gift, and income taxation, expatriation, and information reporting. Jennifer is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in New York and Texas.
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in the States of New York and Texas
- International Information Reporting, AICPA Advanced Estate Planning Conference, July 2014
- Triaging International and Cross Border Issues, AICPA Advanced Estate Planning Conference, July 2014